1.Strive to the best of my ability to serve the needs of a client efficiently and professionally;
2. Conduct myself in a manner consistent with the high standards and good reputation of Accountants and the Institute. I shall act with fairness and integrity towards all persons with whom my work is connected, towards other members, and in compliance with the letter and the spirit of curren statutory and other legal requirements;
3.In regard to the affairs of the client, act and perform my professional functions in good faith, honestly and diligently;
4. Always maintain objective, professional standards and ensure that the legitimate interests of the client being advised are paramount in any recommendations and advice given. Always ensure that the clients interests will rank ahead of any other business pressure on, or businessncommitment that I may have;
5. Not attempt to sway the clients judgments to obtain commercial or pecuniary benefit for myself, associates or employer;
6. Only accept that number of clients as an Accountant, Tax Practitioner or partnership of Accounting Officers or any practicing IAC member, may effectively and professionally service.
7. When requested or by law required to do so, to advise a client on the financial management of a close corporation, company, business or any other entity;
8. Not act recklessly or maliciously injure, or attempt to injure, whether directly or indirectly, the professional reputation of another person or company;
9. Not disclose any aspect of the business affairs of a client to a third party except as required by law or underwritten authority granted by the client;
10. Ensure that any privileged information from my clients or other relevant sources in the course of any assignment is kept confidential;
11. Report to the client any dishonest or criminal activity discovered in the course of my professional duties;
12. Have proper regard for the professional standards expected of me and shall not continue in work for which I am not competent without first obtaining such advice or assistance as is necessary to enable the work to be carried out competently;
13. Maintain professional independence at all times without control or influence from others and, in the event of any potential or current conflict of interest arising, inform all interested parties and offer to withdraw;
14. Not allow any person to use my practice number, even if they are in partnership with me;
15. Only charge a client fees for professional services rendered. and not charge a client fees for Professional services at a rate markedly higher than the average rate of fees charged by Professional Accountants and Tax Practitioners for such services or charge a client on a percentage basis of refunds obtained (i.e. you may only charge on time spent basis);
16. Not to use any information gained during the provision of professional services to a client, for personal gain either for myself or for any other person whatsoever;
17. Improperly obtain or attempt to obtain work; including failing to send a letter of professional courtesy to the previous accountant of any new or prospective client that he/she may engage.
18. Not discriminate against any client, or any employee or contractor of a client, on the basis of race, gender, sex, medical status, marital status, ethnic or social origin, colour, age, disability, religion, culture or language;
19. Uphold the honour and integrity of the IAC as a professional body and in so doing undertake to pay my membership subscriptions within 14 days of being advised or by the extended period allowed by the Board.
20. Not display or use my membership certificate in any way that would imply that I am still a member of the Institute, and not be entitled to use any designatory communication of an IAC member with immediate effect should my membership lapse or be terminated for any reason. Should it be brought to the attention of the Institute that the membership certificate or designatory communication was used after my membership has lapsed; the Institute has the right to invoke legal action against such practice.